Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Renaissance Guitar & Vihuela (73)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chambure Vihuela Quartet CD: Canto y Danza

I've just had a listen to the first CD [Canto y Danza] by the Chambure Vihuela Quartet: Ed Martin (soprano vihuela in C), Phillip Rukavina…

Started by Rob MacKillop

2 Apr 8, 2011
Reply by Edward Martin

grace notes and slurs in the 16th century

I feel as though I probably shouldnt use slurs or grace notes in music of the 1500's.  Obviously there are the written out divisions and or…

Started by Tonyyyy

9 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by Tonyyyy

Renaissance guitar - a beginner's impression

I have the use of a ren guitar for a couple of months, so this is ataster for me. I should say that my main instrument is classical guitar…

Started by Tonyyyy

3 Dec 13, 2010
Reply by Tonyyyy

Very Interesting vihuela site

I would like to inform you about the site of the famous vihuela scholar John Griffiths: http://web.me.com/jagrif/JohnGriffiths/Home.html He…

Started by Alexandros Kalkos

1 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

Facsimile Publications on Line

Pisador online facsimile.Member Arthur J. Ness has sent news of a new publication available online in the UR Research collection [Sibley Mu…

Started by Rocky Mjos

1 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by Alexandros Kalkos

Narvaez Cancion del Emperador tablature

Good day all,I have a classical guitar student that really wants to learn this piece, but the standard notation version that she has seems…

Started by Emil Krasich

7 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by Emil Krasich

right hand nails

.I am a classical guitarist who also wants to play the lute and vihuela. I have developed a right hand technique where I play on the left h…

Started by Steve Walter

3 Jul 20, 2010

Diego Pisador Vallancicos?

Does anyone know if there is a source for Diego Pisador's music on line? At the moment I'm most interested in finding some of the villancic…

Started by Scot Tremblay

2 Mar 15, 2010
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Dedillo

Hello all! I'm working on the dedillo technique and wondered if any of you know of anywhere online where dedillo is discussed besides Ralph…

Started by Oskar de Mari-Jones

2 Dec 5, 2009
Reply by Alexander Batov

Renaissance Guitar by Giuseppe Tumiati

Under my profile I have stated that I have been waiting a looong time for a Renaissance guitar kit. Now Giuseppe Tumiati has sent me a read…

Started by Harry Jess

2 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Harry Jess

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service