Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

General Discussion (268)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fingering Markings In Morlaye

I've been reading through the music of Guillaume Morlaye for four course guitar and have come across a marking I'm not sure what to do with…

Started by Scot Tremblay

2 Jan 11, 2013
Reply by Scot Tremblay

The LaPrevotte Guitar

I've admired the look of this guitar for several years and researched it as much as I could. I found some information on construction but n…

Started by Robert Brochey

14 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Scot Tremblay

stumme gitarre

Found this on the website of the Leipzig museum. It came from a museum in Cologne, Germany. A practice or travel guitar. The 'body' with 5…

Started by Hans Kockelmans

6 Jan 4, 2013
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

Post Torres Guitar

I've noticed a few people trying to bring in the modern classical guitar to this site, and it's something I gave a lot of thought to before…

Started by Rob MacKillop

20 Jan 4, 2013
Reply by Akira Sakamoto

L'Hoyer Op. 27

Hello, Can anyone help me find an edition of L'Hoyer's Op. 27. Even better would be if someone knows where I could obtain the Minkoff editi…

Started by Thomas Tallant

1 Jan 2, 2013
Reply by sergio muselli

19th cent. Portugese guitar music?

Hi all, I have a Portugese guitar made in Madeira, probably from the 1870's or so, I am trying to find appropriate solo music for it, and w…

Started by James Edwards

5 Dec 28, 2012
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

Losy or not Losy (Logy ?) mandora/guitar book

http://www.europeana.eu/portal/record/92004/8BBCF27BFD3362850AA8C198B985D9AD99E3393B.html?query=Losy+guitar Very interesting book I didn't…

Started by Valéry Sauvage

14 Dec 16, 2012
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

Replica Louis Panormo, Build photo

I'm well on the way to finishing a couple Luis Panormo replicas.The Early Romantic guitar world seems to have a merry-go-round feel to it (…

Started by Scot Tremblay

2 Nov 25, 2012
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Early 19th century guitar music in Munich

Somebody on a lute discussion board recently posted links to music in the Bayerische StaatsBibliothek online catalogue (of downloadable mu…

Started by Stuart Walsh

1 Nov 23, 2012
Reply by Jelma van Amersfoort

Viennese Style 8 string For sale

I've decided to sell my first 8 string early romantic guitar based on an anon Viennese instrument in my collection. More information and ph…

Started by Scot Tremblay

1 Nov 10, 2012
Reply by Rob MacKillop

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service