Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

General Discussion (268)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cumbees

Its worth listening to how new world musicians  interpret the cumbees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNmK9c6lAO0

Started by Tonyyyy

0 Oct 3, 2015

Vihuela construction?

In trying to understand the vihuela, I have come across a school of thought that suggests they were made from the solid rather than built u…

Started by Christopher Allworth

0 Sep 28, 2015

manuscrit anonyme santacecilia

Dear friends, i have find this manuscrit anonyme in bibliotheque santacecilia : http://bibliomediateca.santacecilia.it/bibliomediateca/cms

Started by luc aboulkheir

3 Sep 23, 2015
Reply by sergio muselli

History of guitar evolution

Who was the country that brought back the first 6-string guitars to Europe. From which country had they been acquired from and in what year…

Started by Denis O'Connell

0 Sep 14, 2015

Early Music Stores In New York

A friend will be in New York in November and she is looking for a store which carries soft cases and strings for early guitar like instrume…

Started by Scot Tremblay

0 Sep 8, 2015

Baroque tablature notation.

Im new to this, so I have what is likely to be a simple question. Ive been trying to play pieces from Sanz, and other composers using the s…

Started by Bill Brettschneider

5 Sep 8, 2015
Reply by Monica Hall

Guitar by Josef Pages (Cadiz 1813)

Hello everyone -Can't remember if I posted this before,but for general interest's sake,I thought you might like to know that I sold my 1813…

Started by Dave Christian-Clark

0 Sep 8, 2015

Regondi Reverie

Anyone know for sure if Reg originally intended/wrote this for a multi-string guitar and it was then published just for 6 string for commer…

Started by paul croft

0 Aug 15, 2015

Right hand pinky: go away tension!

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if this topic has been touched before but I'm having an issue with my right pinky. (For those who play without…

Started by Víctor M. Gallardo

3 Jun 21, 2015
Reply by Shad Gregory

Giuliani op. 24

This is the theme from Mauro Giuliani's variations for violin and guitar op.24. The publication of the work can be dated to 1811. Recently…

Started by Gerhard Penn

0 May 27, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service