Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Instrument Building, Repair, and Strings (103)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stauffer and Co

I post this announcment about a very special book to come (on subscriptions only) It is a great book (320 pages, 297x371mm, a lot of great…

Started by Valéry Sauvage

16 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Valéry Sauvage

J.G. Scherzer Build

by Scot Tremblay » Friday 10 February 2012, 17:35 pm Just thought some might be interested in looking at the inside of a replica of a 1864…

Started by Scot Tremblay

5 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Mark Day

Hole punches?

I wonder if anybody can direct me to a source of punches for making the tiny holes in the parchment of a guitar rose? All the commercial pu…

Started by Bill Samson

24 Dec 6, 2011
Reply by Mikko Ikäheimo

Surprising and Sad News: Aquila stopped producing gut strings

Hello, folks,   just as the title says.  Please refer to this announcement on Aquila's website: http://aquilacorde.com/index.php?option=com

Started by Akira Sakamoto

15 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by John Underhill

Ludwig von Reisinger Guitar

Does anyone here have a Ludwid von Reisinger guitar? I'm working on drawing up plans for a replica and need a few measurements. I've drawn…

Started by Scot Tremblay

2 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

In search of 7- or 8-string Early Romantic guitar plans or drawings....

Greetings, All. This is my first post to the group - I hope I do not mess it up.... I am looking for plans or drawings for a 7- or 8-string…

Started by Bradley Wycoff

5 Nov 15, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Multi-part guitar ribs - at what stage are they bent?

First of all, thanks are due to the many makers who shared their wisdom on the question of molds. A related question now - Many early guita…

Started by Bill Samson

11 Nov 5, 2011
Reply by Bill Samson

Baroque guitar barring

When making lutes I have used soundboard wood for the bars, hence their grain direction is parallel to the soundboard. I would be intereste…

Started by John Underhill

4 Oct 21, 2011
Reply by Michael. N.

Soundboard edge

I'm repairing a simple 4c guitar that I made 35 years ago.  The soundboard has been off a couple of times in its history (and again today) …

Started by Bill Samson

2 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Bill Samson

Mold - Inside or outside?

Just wondering if any of you makers can tell me their views on the relative merits and demerits of building a renaissance or baroque guitar…

Started by Bill Samson

17 Oct 7, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

RSS

© 2023   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service