Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Baroque Guitar (218)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chitarra battente visits the doctor

An instrument from c. 1720 from Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum was recently brought to the Boston Medical Center for a CT scan and endosco…

Started by Rocky Mjos

0 Jun 20, 2016

stringing

I am experimenting with different stringing approaches. I read Monica's paper on stringing and tuning and it is very helpful (thank you!).…

Started by Beth Alexander

3 Jun 15, 2016
Reply by Beth Alexander

New CD "Nouvelles étrennes de guitare"

Hello everybody: This new CD, Nouvelles étrennes de guitare, with music of the Classical Period for five-course guitar has just been publis…

Started by Thomas Schmitt

2 May 24, 2016
Reply by Thomas Schmitt

Segno?

I have been working on some pieces from Corbetta, Royale guitar, and Im wondering about his use of the "segno" symbol. If, for example, in…

Started by Bill Brettschneider

6 Apr 30, 2016
Reply by Bill Brettschneider

basso continuo on the baroque guitar.

I'm interested in knowing how to arrange a song with basso continuo onto the baroque guitar. Is there some articles or book on the subject.

Started by Lars Hedelius-Strikkertsen

10 Apr 29, 2016
Reply by Lars Hedelius-Strikkertsen

Bow Brand stings for baroque guitar?

They seem to be a very economical source for gut strings. Has anyone tried them? If so, varnished or unvarnished? any thoughts?

4 Apr 19, 2016

Venture a guess as to who made this historic guitar?

Hello super-sleuthes, I wonder if anyone has seen a similar guitar body which might help me identify the maker. Late 18 th century I assume…

Started by Christopher Davies

3 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by Christopher Davies

Alfabetto question

Can anyone tell me what is going on here, in the "aleman," under the 3rd full bar. 3 T. ?

12 Mar 4, 2016

Sabionari Guitar details

Hi Guys,  This is my first post on this site, I've been stalking the forum for a while though :-) I'm interested in building a guitar bas…

Started by Karan Singh

5 Feb 23, 2016
Reply by Karan Singh

Late 18thC Spanish Six course guitar stringing

There's nothing specifically about string tensions on these instruments in the contemporary sources so I'd be grateful for the views of tho…

Started by Martyn Hodgson

0 Feb 18, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service