Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Baroque Guitar (218)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The complete Hertzberg manuscript

I'm uploading the complete Hertzberg ms for baroque guitar on My Page. In a few days it will be complete. So far you can find the pieces in…

Started by Trond Bengtson

10 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by Rocky Mjos

Rasgueado and Strumming - Baroque Guitar

Have I put my foot in it?  In another thread I described a right-hand gesture on the baroque guitar that uses the ring finger.  Is that ina…

Started by Chris Despopoulos

3 Jan 5, 2014
Reply by Monica Hall

Alfabeto Italian Popular Songs

Since I got so much great information with my last post, I figured I'd try again with something I'm working on. In James Tyler's book  The…

Started by John Romey

12 Dec 18, 2013
Reply by Monica Hall

De Visee

I was surprised to read in the liner notes of a recent CD of lute music by De Visee that he was born in the town of Viseu in Portugal and s…

Started by Monica Hall

4 Dec 9, 2013
Reply by Monica Hall

right hand technique

Here's a simple question for one of those days when you wake up not sure where your right foot is: For plucking, will the ring finger tend…

Started by christopher davies

0 Oct 26, 2013

Baroque guitar gut frets. Varnished or unvarnished

Hello all! I just purchased a baroque guitar made by Martin Zalapa and I am looking to use gut frets instead of the pre-installed nylon. …

Started by JeffHopkins

2 Oct 2, 2013
Reply by JeffHopkins

Baroque guitar in Perú

I recently got my hands on "Melodías virreinales del siglo XVIII" a collection of guitar (probably 5-course)  pieces from Peru. These piece…

Started by Juan Pablo Pira

2 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

Jack Sanders baroque guitars

"Anyone play baroque guitar built by Jack Sanders? Seem like very nice instruments? And tips on making tuning pegs non slip and more sticky…

Started by Nicholas Schuller

2 Jul 27, 2013
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Baroque guitar soundboards

What sort of wood is usually used for baroque guitar soundboards?  The RCM catalogue refers to "fine- grained" or "fine to medium grained"…

Started by Monica Hall

5 May 27, 2013
Reply by Peter Forrester

Colista: Passacaille dite Mariona

In Tylers "The Guitar and its Music" he mentions a showpiece "Passacaille dite Mariona" by Lelio Colista (1629-80) from the Derossier Ms wh…

Started by Michael Vesth

7 May 2, 2013
Reply by maurizio scavone

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service