Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

On ensemble Kapsberger and Rolf Lislevands wonderful CD "Alfabeto", 3 beautiful tunes by Forcarini are being played: Tasteggiata per la X, Corriente per la X and Volta francese per la X. Anyone on this forum who knows where I can get hold of these tabs? I didn't find them on Gavin Emery's "The Baroque Guitar." I have just put a capo on the second fret of my converted classical "Baroque Guitar", and the sound became wonderfully brilliant and crisp, giving me also 10 frets on the fingerboard as a real replica. This brilliance in tone  renewed my interest, and since I am still waaaaaiting for my Voboam I need to play my home made one!

Best wishes

Harry

Views: 817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My pleasure!
I have done version of it to - in modern tab. My version of the rhythm is slightly different from everyone elses - not surprising as Fosco is a bit vague. Int's on my page but I have attached it here as well
Attachments:
Thank you ever so much, Martin! I'll print them out, and fortunately I have a small Renaissance guitar made by Giuseppe Tumiati, and can play the 4-course version on that one! In addition I have a baryuke that also can be used to play Renaissance music on. The Tasteggiata you sent me works fine, thank you!

Best wishes
Harry
Thanks for these. I hope you wont mind if I turn the tablature upside down again and include the pieces in my collection. I will credit you with having done the spade work in my notes. It's my ambition to transcribe the whole book but any assistance is very welcome. I am all in favour of collective effort. I admire your patience in doing it all by hand! It's interesting that the piece - and others will work on the 4-course guitar. I think quite a few of them are not by Fosco himself. They are arrangements of earlier pieces.
Martin, I told Monica recently that she was my heroine, but you are definitely my hero!
Best wishes
Harry
Thanks again. I was planning to do the Tasteggiata to add to the other two pieces but hadn't got around to it so you have saved me a lot of time and effort - its the more difficult of the three pieces. I think the quirkiness is intentional in a lot of these pieces - its due to him not being able to indicate what he means clearly.
Good as always, Martin!
Best wishes
Harry

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service