Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Hans Kockelmans's Discussions (202)

Discussions Started (21) Replies Latest Activity

metal guitar

An exceptional guitar! A kind of lyra guitar with a Stauffer headstock. Build in the first half of the 19th century.  Made of tin plate, th…

Started by Hans Kockelmans in General Discussion

12 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by mel

stumme gitarre

Found this on the website of the Leipzig museum. It came from a museum in Cologne, Germany. A practice or travel guitar. The 'body' with 5…

6 Jan 4, 2013
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

Carulli's handwriting

In the library of the BNF we can find a manuscript of Carulli's opus 320 written by Ferdinando Carulli himself. Dedicated to Matteo Carcas…

12 Nov 6, 2012
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

attaching strings

This seems to be the correct method for attaching the 1st and 6th string. From the methods of Molino (left and middle) and Bathioli.

3 Oct 20, 2012
Reply by Scot Tremblay

1814 subscribers list

I often wondered how big the market was for the early 19th century guitarbooks. This rare list of subscribers found in the Molino method (1…

8 Oct 20, 2012
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

Rudimentos para tocar la guitarra

I downloaded this from the Biblioteca Nacional de Espana a long time ago. Can't find the link now, so I offer it here as a PDF. Published…

9 Nov 9, 2016
Reply by Nicolae Szekely

spirit varnish

In the Flageolett-Schule (Franz Bathioli - Vienna, 1832) Bathioli praises the work of Stauffer and Enzensperger. Especially their use of s…

11 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Scot Tremblay

6th string on the guitar

An old question is when and why the 6th string was added to the guitar. When, late 18th century. Why? JF Scheidler gives an answer to that…

33 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Monica Hall

anonymous

This is one of the pictures in the Bibliotheque Nationale de France. I had it (coloured) on a broken harddisk, but forgot his name. Does an…

2 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

Recueil d'airs de guitare

One I was searching for since a long time... Over 500 pieces for baroque guitar, so we have something to do in the winter. In general not d…

21 Aug 17, 2017
Reply by Monica Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service