Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

General Discussion (268)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Book "La Guitarra en Madrid (1750-1808)..." - 2015 Spanish Musicology Award

Hello, Book's Abstract (the book is in Spanish): "The late 18th and early 19th-centuries witnessed a revitalization of the guitar in Madri…

Started by Ricardo Aleixo

4 Feb 20, 2017
Reply by Ricardo Aleixo

Early 19th C scordatura

All, A question: was Sor the first person to advocate retuning the bass strings (6/D, 6/F, 5/G)? I can't find anything earlier. And I haven…

Started by David Norton

12 Jan 9, 2017
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

Baroque to Romantic transition: Construction & Strings

I am trying to learn about the changes from Baroque to Romantic era guitars and have some questions. I understand that Romantic guitars had…

Started by Dan Mozell

2 Dec 23, 2016
Reply by Bill Brettschneider

Rudimentos para tocar la guitarra

I downloaded this from the Biblioteca Nacional de Espana a long time ago. Can't find the link now, so I offer it here as a PDF. Published…

Started by Hans Kockelmans

9 Nov 9, 2016
Reply by Nicolae Szekely

baroque guitar historical models

dear friends which is the biggest type  of baroque guitar between the well known models: voboam, stradivari ecc.. ? can you gently give me…

Started by Davide Bortolai

6 Oct 27, 2016
Reply by Davide Bortolai

Baroque guitar method

Does anyone know of a progressive method for baroque guitar?  I have James Tyler's book "A Guide to the Baroque Guitar" which is an excelle…

Started by Simon Boyle

16 Oct 18, 2016
Reply by Monica Hall

A Strummer's mind

See: http://lexeisenhardt.com/file/A_String_of_Confusion.pdf

Started by Lex Eisenhardt

0 Oct 5, 2016

Torres auction

There is a Torres coming up at Balclis. This is a respected auction house but tell me what you think - I think the plantilla look a bit sus…

Started by Marten Falk

0 Oct 2, 2016

Sequence of publication of the 'Journal de musique étrangère pour la guitare ou lyre'.

The  'Journal de musique étrangère, pour la guitare ou lyre, Rédigé par Castro' was published in Paris in the very early 1800s by Castro d…

Started by Martyn Hodgson

13 Sep 21, 2016
Reply by Gabriel Schebor

Montesardo MS

I'm looking for a copy of G. Montesardo's "I lieti giorni di Napoli, concertini Italiani in aria Spagnuola à due, a tre voci con le lettere…

Started by Thomas Tallant

3 Sep 14, 2016
Reply by Monica Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service