Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Baroque Guitar (218)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Love is the Cause CD -- Scottish music with Baroque guitar

Love is the CauseJonathan Dunford & Rob MacKillop Alpha 530 - 1 CD This is a lovely CD!I enjoyed the lyrical, singing quality that both…

Started by Rocky Mjos

12 Jul 10, 2011
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Foscarini tabs for the Baroque guitar

On ensemble Kapsberger and Rolf Lislevands wonderful CD "Alfabeto", 3 beautiful tunes by Forcarini are being played: Tasteggiata per la X,…

Started by Harry Jess

19 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by John Sheehan

Alfabeto songs

I have uploaded two songs by Claudio Monteverdi from Carlo Milanuzzi, Quarto scherzo delle ariose vaghezze (Venice, 1624) to my member page…

Started by Rocky Mjos

5 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by John Sheehan

ID painting?

Folks,   Maybe someone on this forum can identify the source/artist for this painting?   It's the cover of Hopkinson Smith's (out-of-print)…

Started by Roger Landes

2 Apr 25, 2011
Reply by Roger Landes

Single or double stringed first course on baroque guitar?

Some weeks ago I bought a Tomann baroque guitar, and as Rob MacKillop showed in his review, the strings are not very good. Changing to Aqui…

Started by Olav Fylling

11 Mar 17, 2011
Reply by Chris Despopoulos

Ornaments and rasguado

Started to struggle with the lute July 2010, started with baroque guitar a couple of weeks ago, I have many questions. Here is two of the…

Started by Olav Fylling

4 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by Harry Jess

MOULINIE, CORBETTA SONG TRANSLATIONS

I'd be grateful for any English translation of the Spanish, Italian and French texts of the following songs with guitar by Moulinie (Airs…

Started by Martyn Hodgson

2 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

Possible source for inexpensive baroque guitar and vihuela cases

I am waiting for the delivery of a baroque guitar and was researching economical sources for cases.  I came across two possibilites.  http…

Started by Steven Winiarski

6 Feb 7, 2011
Reply by Valéry Sauvage

Robert de Visee Tabs

I just received my new Alexander Hopkins Castilian style baroque guitar and it came strung up for French tuning...go figure. And I was all…

Started by Scot Tremblay

9 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Harry Jess

Matteis False Consonances of Musick

Does anyone know if Nicola Matteis's False Consonances of Musick (1682) is available online? I'm having some trouble finding a hardcopy amo…

Started by Eric Hansen

2 Jan 30, 2011
Reply by ROY Jean-Bernard

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service