Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Apparently some of you heard my Portuguese tracks at twice the speed. I can't really play that fast, and no, Bill, I haven't taken up the charango! The Music Player is quite temperamental. Anyone else having problems?
Rob

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll report the problem to Ning. I record at 48 but have the option of 44.1 - I don't really understand all this and wonder what the problem is. If I record at 48 and the Music Player sets your soundcard to 48 - why is there a problem?

At what rate should I record? I have the choice of 44.1, 48 or 96.

So, yes, I do record and engineer myself, but I just press a couple of buttons and hope that it all works out. I have a 50 UKpounds mini mic - hardly top quality! - and go straight into the laptop, then into Nero Wave Editor, which is a very basic editor, no overdubs allowed. I just add a touch of reverb and cut the ends off the file. If a mistake is obvious I will edit it, but otherwise I like to keep it as an 'honest' take. So saying I'm a sound engineer is stretching it somewhat ;-)

So, what exactly should I say to Ning?
Hi Martin,

It says the bit rated is 96K and the sample rate 24K...
Thanks Martyn. I searched around Nero but couldn't find anything which might allow me to change things, so I've written to their tech support. Cheers.
I listened to the files on my wife's computer and they played at twice the speed. I was really impressed! What a virtuoso player!! I think I could pass myself off as a brilliant new charango player...Normal speed now sounds heavy and lacklustre :-(

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service