Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Peter Forrester's Discussions (73)

Discussions Replied To (73) Replies Latest Activity

"Hello Bill,  I completely agree with Monica, and would suggest that some of the piec…"

Peter Forrester replied Mar 26, 2012 to Renaissance guitar technique?

47 Jul 2, 2014
Reply by Akira Sakamoto

"Perhaps this one is relevant. "The False Consonances of Musick". Not a translation -…"

Peter Forrester replied Jan 10, 2012 to Santiago de Murcia: Resumen de Acompanar La Parte Con La Guitarra

9 Feb 23, 2013
Reply by Ricardo Aleixo

"I have been told something similar about thinner cittern bridges.  Viols?  What also…"

Peter Forrester replied Nov 30, 2011 to Baroque guitar bridges - slots or holes?

4 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by Peter Forrester

"Akira is right. I think that I mentioned then that all the 17th c. Italian guitars I…"

Peter Forrester replied Nov 30, 2011 to Baroque guitar bridges - slots or holes?

4 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by Peter Forrester

"It seems that there has been a change of heart - refer to the same announcement on A…"

Peter Forrester replied Nov 29, 2011 to Surprising and Sad News: Aquila stopped producing gut strings

15 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by John Underhill

"NRI certainly DID.  You'll have to ask Eph.  I've never played tennis in my life, pe…"

Peter Forrester replied Nov 20, 2011 to Surprising and Sad News: Aquila stopped producing gut strings

15 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by John Underhill

"One of Julia Bradbury's tv programmes recently about what we do with the rest of the…"

Peter Forrester replied Nov 19, 2011 to Surprising and Sad News: Aquila stopped producing gut strings

15 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by John Underhill

"Sounds good to me.  I have been making harpsichord roses for a builder as well as gu…"

Peter Forrester replied Oct 22, 2011 to Hole punches?

24 Dec 6, 2011
Reply by Mikko Ikäheimo

"I have made my own, using nails (oldish) which had sufficient carbon content to be t…"

Peter Forrester replied Oct 22, 2011 to Hole punches?

24 Dec 6, 2011
Reply by Mikko Ikäheimo

"There should be much more information out there, but to be going on with!  The two i…"

Peter Forrester replied Oct 21, 2011 to Baroque guitar barring

4 Oct 21, 2011
Reply by Michael. N.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service