Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Jim Gallant's Discussions (24)

Discussions Replied To (20) Replies Latest Activity

"I know that's why I'M "carrying on"! I've run across references in various sources…"

Jim Gallant replied Mar 28, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Well, OK, if the vihuela was that far gone by the time Corbetta was around, let's sa…"

Jim Gallant replied Mar 28, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

""Jim, is your question really about why Corbetta may have chosen guitar as his main…"

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Scot--Thanks for the guess. In what I have sketched of the piece I am writing. As a…"

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Supposedly Sanz had said Corbetta was "the greatest of them all." Don't recall where…"

Jim Gallant replied Mar 27, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"You mention that the baroque guitar's "warmth," but you say the has a "more harmonic…"

Jim Gallant replied Mar 27, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Thanks, Chris, for the reference to the Craig Russell essay. I'm not too clear about…"

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Rocky and Andrew--thanks for the thoughtful speculations. I haven’t sought out Pinn…"

Jim Gallant replied Mar 26, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Harry--thanks for the comment. Your observation about campanella being a technique o…"

Jim Gallant replied Mar 25, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Guitarmiami--thanks for the response. You remark contributes to answering my questio…"

Jim Gallant replied Mar 25, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service