Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Jan van Cappelle's Discussions (33)

Discussions Replied To (30) Replies Latest Activity

"I've put my vihuela plan up for free... https://thedutchluthier.wordpress.com/2018/…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Aug 6, 2018 to Sources for vihuela plans and/or technical discussion?

9 Aug 6, 2018
Reply by Jan van Cappelle

"For th Chambure ask Carlos Gonzales, he made the drawing of the instrument. On requ…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Jan 23, 2018 to Vihuela plans

1 Jan 23, 2018

"When you have never built one before, a lute like instrument is a whole different sp…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Mar 5, 2017 to man-hours to make a baroque guitar, and archlute

4 Mar 5, 2017

"I've made all my baroque guitars and lutes in one plain, like example A. The old ins…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Sep 17, 2015 to Baroque guitar neck/body joint advice

6 Dec 4, 2015
Reply by Gavin Cawley

"Nice, keep us posted here on the forum. It's always inspiring to see other builds.…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Sep 1, 2015 to Books on baroque guitar construction

39 Sep 1, 2015

"Great! The Hill is a beautiful guitar. If you are making a Stradivari be shure to c…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Aug 1, 2015 to Books on baroque guitar construction

39 Sep 1, 2015

"I also make renaissance guitars, but live on the West Coast of Europe..."

Jan van Cappelle replied Jul 11, 2015 to Renaissance guitar makers

3 Nov 18, 2015
Reply by Kerry Alt

"I know, there are a couple of these books on my list. Each year I save up to buy one…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Jul 11, 2015 to New book on Louis Panormo and other 19th century London-based guitar makers

13 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Stanley Alexandrowicz

"Congratulations! U fortunately I haven't got the funding for such a purchase, but it…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Jul 2, 2015 to New book on Louis Panormo and other 19th century London-based guitar makers

13 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Stanley Alexandrowicz

"What a wonderful find!I'm inclined to believe that the 6-string disposition (and it'…"

Jan van Cappelle replied Jun 10, 2013 to Reccomendations for restoration of late Baroque guitar

35 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by av8t0r

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service