Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Baroque Guitar (218)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ideal String Length

a cursory inspection of makers' websites and historical instruments reveals that the string length for baroque guitars appears to vary from…

Started by Edward C. Yong

11 Nov 1, 2014
Reply by eleusis antionadis

Baroque guitar left hand technique

I am new to the baroque guitar, using a strap to keep it in a comfortable playing position. The instrument is quite light (compared to cont…

Started by Beth Alexander

7 Oct 31, 2014
Reply by Ariel

Unidentified painting of Biagio Marini?

In my file of illustrations I have one just labelled "Biagio Marini".   Can anyone identify this?   Who is the artists? Is it really Marini…

Started by Monica Hall

9 Sep 18, 2014
Reply by Monica Hall

Allemande La Royalle by Visée

Does anyone have a copy of the guitar version of Allemande La Royalle by Robert de Visée? Or any references in which manuscript could be fo…

Started by Zoltán Kárpáti

5 Sep 6, 2014
Reply by Monica Hall

Making sense of tab

I am new to baroque guitar, finding deciphering tab and the various symbols used a bit confusing, at best. That said, I'd like to pose a s…

Started by Beth Alexander

2 Jun 20, 2014
Reply by Beth Alexander

My newly received baroque guitar from TiendasLatinas and Martin Zalapa!

Started by Harry Jess

3 May 4, 2014
Reply by Pascal St-Gelais

10 pegs but 9 strings?

Hello forum people!  I joined so I could post a question that has been perplexing me for some time.  Current thinking seems to be that the…

Started by Bev Ross

12 Apr 2, 2014
Reply by Akira Sakamoto

Xacona

Hi all, I was looking for the manuscript for the piece Xacona as played on Alfred Fernández's CD Ad Hunc Modum, track 8 https://itunes.app

Started by Andrew White

1 Mar 20, 2014
Reply by Monica Hall

Pre-classical/"Galante" style music for guitar

Hello,Since I became interested in classical guitar music, I always had the belief that music for Baroque guitar ended with Santiago de Mur…

Started by Gregory Moberg

2 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

Hertzberg ms.

This is a choral from the hertzberg ms called "In dich hab ich gehoffet Herr", the same as Judenkunigs "Christ ist erstanden".

Started by Trond Bengtson

5 Feb 2, 2014
Reply by Toshiaki Kakinami

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service