Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

General Discussion (268)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

built by Christopher Davies in 2011

I have a chitarra attiorbata built by Christopher Davies in 2011. Is that you? Thanks

Started by Jeff Rolando

0 Feb 13, 2022

Fernando Sor and Haydn

Hello dear colleagues, I have been chewing on the statement that "Sor was a fan of Haydn" or "writes music like Haydn but for the guitar".…

Started by Karl Michelson

2 Jan 29, 2022
Reply by Karl Michelson

June Yakeley

Does anyone on this list remember June who died in December 1999. I would like to get hold of a photo of her if possible.

Started by Monica Hall

0 Oct 9, 2021

Early guitar works (ca. 1770 to 1800)

Can anyone post any scans of solo guitar works by early guitar composers such as Antoine Bailleux and Pierre Joseph Baillon? Or perhaps dir…

Started by Thomas Tallant

2 Jul 21, 2021
Reply by Theo

Dias (?) 1590, Cocho 1602

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the Cocho 1602 guitar discussed in Coates? Cant find info on the Paris Conservatory site. And is the pr…

Started by Don R. Miller

2 Jun 29, 2021
Reply by Don R. Miller

New CD -- Wake the Sigh: guitar music by women composers

There is a new CD with guitar compositions by women composers from the 19th century: 'Wake the Sigh', recorded by Emma Rush and played on (…

Started by Jelma van Amersfoort

1 Apr 22, 2021
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

Colour of forum presentation

I suppose there may be a reason why there's been a recent change in the colouring of this page with a pale light blue now being much used.…

Started by Martyn Hodgson

6 Feb 10, 2021
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

Fuenllana - Orphenica lyra

In about 1976 a edition of Fuenllana's Orphenica with a staff notation of all the music was published  edited by Charles Jacobs. Does anyon…

Started by Monica Hall

0 Jan 11, 2021

Wanted: Baroque Guitar in A

I’m looking for a decent baroque guitar with ideally, a string length of 54cm or less. Unfortunately the arthritis in my hands is getting w…

Started by Chris Pearcy

4 Nov 25, 2020
Reply by Chris Pearcy

Is there a guide to this form of notation?

I am looking through the scores section of the site and am unfamiliar with this style of notation Is there a name for it and a general gu…

Started by Benjamin Mortimer

2 Jul 25, 2020
Reply by Edgar Aichinger

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service