Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

I thought I would try transcribing this lute piece by Sixtus Kargel to a four string instrument - I would be very interested in having everyone's thoughts, criticisms and corrections on this.   You can download the pdf file here: 

Thanks for the input!

Mike Walker

Views: 305

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Michael,

Thank you for this interesting transcription — never heard of Sixtus Kargel before. This piece is quite entertaining to play while being not too difficult. Keep on the good job !

That said, may I point just a couple of oddities ? There seems to be some discrepencies in the rhythmic values in two spots. Bar 37 : the second note should be a quarter and not an eight. And bar 57 : the total of eight notes make it for a 3/4 signature, which is very unlikely since the whole piece is a straight 4/4.

Apologies in advance if I got it wrong, and thanks if you can shed a light on those minor details.

Regards,

Gilles

Thanks, Giles - I'll take a look at Bar 37 and Bar 57 and get back to you on this.  I really appreciate the input.

Mike

After a bit of an absence, I am finally getting back into my transcriptions which I hope you all will enjoy! Here are ten fun to play pieces by Sixtus Kargel transcribed from his 1574 Book of Lute Pieces for the six-course lute transcribed for the Renaissance guitar, guitar and for the baritone ukulele.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/michael-walker/sixtus-kargel-ten-lute-piec...

Hello Michael, I moved this discussion to the 'For sale and wanted page' since you are selling the pieces. Thanks. 

Thank you.  That's where it needs to be.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service