Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Hello everyone,

I seek Volume 1 (Commentary) of the thesis in two volumes of Craig H. Russell, Santiago de Murcia' S “Codex Saldívar 4”, A Treasury of Guitar Music from Baroque Mexico (University Illinois Press, 1995)

I looked at all the possible sites of sale these previous months. This book is unfortunately out-of-print. I wrote these last days with the editor. Alas, Ami Reitmeir, the Inventory Manager of the University of Illinois,  indicated to me that not only, it did not have there more no exemplary in-house, but also that the republication of this book was not envisaged in the plans of the editor.

I am extremely disappointed. I more particularly seek to get  the chapter 3 “Individual Dances” of this book which gives some informations and explanations on the titles of the parts, their origin, their stylistic characteristic etc.
I succeeded in recovering some pages via “Google Books” where extracts are visible. But I miss all the beginning of the chapter (page 26 I think) until with dance 29 (Seguidillas manchegas). Then I miss all the end, starting from paragraph 50-66 (Minuets).
If somebody had the occasion to scan this chapter, I will be magic to read it (and if somebody has a specimen of this book which he would like to sell, I can also make a proposal, reasonable that goes from oneself !)

Thank you with all for your assistance.

Views: 1749

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jean Bernard

This is years later - but if you are still looking for pages from this work - email me at

boulouti@yahoo.com

Tony Klein

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service