Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

I am trying to figure out a couple of things in Visee's printed prefaces, and was wondering if someone has actually translated these into English.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yair

Views: 529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have  a copy of Michael D. Murphys doctoral paper, "Elements of Style in French Baroque Guitar Music...". In the appendix there are some translations from "Livre De Guittarre (1682) and Livre de pieces pour la guittarre (1686). Principly the dedication (to the king, of course), the "advis" (Notice) where he blabs on about this and that plus some explinations of his techniques and notations and the "Extract..." or Certificate of the Privilege of the King.

I don't have a facsimile of de Visee's books readily available so I'm not sure if these translations are complete or not. But let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if it is there.

Hi Scot,

I'm mainly interested in his instructions for performers and re strumming in particular. I think I understand most of it but it would be good to get some confirmation! 

Is there any way you could extrapolate that bit and post it here or send it to me in a message?

A high res scan can be found here:

http://www.lute.ru/gerbode/ft2/sources/de_visee/

Thanks a lot, Yair

Ok, check your messages.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service