Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

All Discussions Tagged 'guitar' (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

For Sale: 4c Renaissance guitar by Edward Rusnak (2002), $1200 USD

Mr. Rusnak based this instrument outline on the Dias guitar but built it with a slightly deeper body than most renaissance guitars for a fu…

Started by Andrew Hartig

0 Aug 15, 2016

New Panormo Model for sale

This is a copy of the premier builder of guitars "in the Spanish style" in London in 1830. I had an original one in the shop a few years ag…

Started by Bernie Lehmann

0 Jul 22, 2016

Giacomo Gorzanis transcribed for renaissance guitar

I Learned these pieces more than 40 years ago for the guitar and recorder and thought I would go the original lute manuscript and transcrib…

Started by Michael P Walker

0 Jun 30, 2016

The way you hold your guitar: your reasons

Hello community!    I would like to start this topic about your personal way to hold your guitar. Either you use a strap, a foot stool, by…

Started by Víctor M. Gallardo

1 Apr 15, 2016
Reply by Bill Brettschneider

Sabionari Guitar details

Hi Guys,  This is my first post on this site, I've been stalking the forum for a while though :-) I'm interested in building a guitar bas…

Started by Karan Singh

5 Feb 23, 2016
Reply by Karan Singh

Parchment preparation?

Hello wood comrades! I'm building my first baroque guitar and I'm somewhat stuck with the parchment rosette. I've bought some parchment but…

Started by Antonio Hernández

2 Jan 26, 2016
Reply by Antonio Hernández

WTB: 4-course renaissance guitar

USA sellers preferred, due to customs and shipping.  60cm maximum please.  Authenticity of construction not really a big issue, but I don't…

Started by David Norton

2 Jan 11, 2016
Reply by David Norton

An award to attend a conference

This may be of interest to some of you, but also please pass it on to people you may know? A society of scholars and guitar players devote…

Started by James Westbrook

0 Jan 9, 2016

c. 1820 original French antique guitar, including label by Pupil of Lacote

stamped: 'Marotel' on the neck-block. Nicolas Marotel, Paris c. 1820. With a handwritten label which reads: Legros, luthier, ex ouvrier de…

Started by James Westbrook

1 Jan 6, 2016
Reply by Marten Falk

5 course baroque guitar

WP_20150528_001.jpg Hi, 5 course guitar by M. Zalapa 2010, new bridge by Wolfgang Fruh, Rose by Elena dal Cortivo in 2015 . Need to sell c…

Started by OlivierL

1 Dec 1, 2015
Reply by OlivierL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service