Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Monica Hall's Discussions (415)

Discussions Replied To (398) Replies Latest Activity

"Right - I'll leave it there til tomorrow. If I have time I'll have a go at a French…"

Monica Hall replied Apr 1, 2010 to Foscarini tabs for the Baroque guitar

19 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by John Sheehan

"From the standpoint of a music historian all I can say is that there is no evidence…"

Monica Hall replied Apr 1, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Well - I have just found a transcription of the Tasteggiata into staff notation - in…"

Monica Hall replied Apr 1, 2010 to Foscarini tabs for the Baroque guitar

19 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by John Sheehan

"Well - they are the pieces on p.48 and p.49 of Foscarini's original book which is av…"

Monica Hall replied Mar 31, 2010 to Foscarini tabs for the Baroque guitar

19 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by John Sheehan

"Again - there is no documentary evidence that de Visee actually studied with Corbett…"

Monica Hall replied Mar 31, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Corbetta most certainly did not play the lute or the theorbo. In the introduction to…"

Monica Hall replied Mar 31, 2010 to Differences in sound qualities of lutes, as opposed to vihuelas and 5-course guitars?

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"The correct translation is "If you play the chord represented by the letter E (in al…"

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"This is pure crap! Here is a brief historically accurate biography of Corbetta. He w…"

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Monteverdi did not use the guitar in any of his compositions but two of his arias we…"

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

"Corbetta's life is very well documented - so if you are writing a novel about him yo…"

49 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service