Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Renaissance Guitar & Vihuela (73)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

John M Ward. The vihuela de mano and its music: (1536-1576)

If anyone wants to get a copy of John Milton Ward's dissertation on the vihuela, you can order one at ProQuest: http://disexpress.umi.com/d

Started by Dmitry Medvedev

4 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by Dmitry Medvedev

Belchior Dias 1581 vihuela: the wood it's made of.

The wood of which the Belchior Dias 1581 vihuela is made is now fully identified as African blackwood (grenadilla). For more info and pictu…

Started by Alexander Batov

2 Dec 2, 2013
Reply by Alexander Batov

Hernando de Cabezón: Obras de musica para tecla, arpa [y] vihuela.

Hi everybody!   is anyone knows about some English translation for this scores? these are really strange tablatures!! the last pages so in…

Started by Ariel

14 Jul 11, 2013
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

Is the Lucida Vihuela a good beginner guitar?

I previously bought a vihuela online without seeing how well it played and I was very disappointed since the frets weren't set properly and…

Started by Eiko Ishiwata

5 May 3, 2013
Reply by Eiko Ishiwata

Vihuela de Quito technical drawing.

Hello, I have the pleasure to propose the technical drawing of the Quito vihuela, published in parnertship with the Foundation Iglesia de l…

Started by Carlos Gonzalez

1 Aug 11, 2012
Reply by Rodrigo Mateus

Right hand technique on the Vihuela

New to the group, I thought I'd dive in and ask a question that has bothered me for some time.  I love to play early plucked instruments, t…

Started by Robert S. Dollard

12 Feb 20, 2012
Reply by Alexander Batov

Renaissance guitar by Peter Forrester

Hi, everybody, this is my first post to this forum.Recently I had the chance to purchase a beautiful used renaissance guitar made by Mr. Pe…

Started by Akira Sakamoto

17 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by Juan Sotomayor

Valderrabano - Diviensela

Does anybody have a readable copy of Valderrabano's - Diviensela that they can send me? Thanks in advance, Andrew  

Started by andrew edwards

0 Oct 9, 2011

Jose' Miguel Moreno's vihuela

Is anyone here familiar with the album Cancion del Emperador by Jose Miguel Moreno? I'm interested in finding out more information about th…

Started by Mark Day

6 Sep 27, 2011
Reply by Manuel Morais

Modes according to Milan ??

I am trying to understand modes in the light of Luis Milans 'El Maestro' and realize it has nothing in common with  the way I learned the …

Started by John Sheehan

31 Jul 12, 2011
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service