Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Renaissance Guitar & Vihuela (73)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kapsberger score for vihuela

I am looking for a tab score for Kapsberger's Canario.

Started by Kim Heinlein

3 Feb 16, 2023
Reply by Kim Heinlein

Vihuela tuning on 5th and 6th Courses

I have seen vihuelas strung both octave and unison on the 5th and 6th courses. I have read several articles on this and there does not seem…

Started by Kim Heinlein

2 Apr 25, 2022
Reply by Kim Heinlein

Chambure Vihuela measurements

I am building my second Chambure Vihuela according to a set of plans by the Musée de la Musique, Paris. After a very long time looking for…

Started by Dr. Henner Kahlert

0 Jan 3, 2022

new vihuela

I've just acquired a vihuela built in 1978 by Yairi Guitar.  It's made of cypress and is beautifully constructed. As a guitar player the vi…

Started by stephen linder

4 Aug 25, 2021
Reply by John C. Hudelson

Baroque Guitar Roses on Vihuelas

Hi! How do people feel about baroque guitar roses from the 1600s being used on vihuelas supposedly built in the style of the 1500s?

Started by Edward C. Yong

2 Mar 15, 2019
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

Vihuela rosette question

I've just started the process of building a (mostly) flat-backed vihuela modeled after some pictures I saw on the web, and am pretty much f…

Started by Dino Silone

5 Mar 15, 2019
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

ROMANCEROS AND VIHUELA

As you know many Romanceros are sung with the vihuela. There is a great site on the internet with for example a tablature by Narvaez(Paseab…

Started by Traversac Roger

1 Mar 14, 2019
Reply by Siebren Weertman

Si d'amor pena sentis vihuela accompaniment

Does anyone have a vihueala setting of the accompaniment for this anonymous song? I have a very basic verison. Listening to performances on…

Started by Daniel Shoskes

0 Jan 28, 2019

strings

i am converting a mexican jarana tercera into a renaisaince guitar i am putting on a new bridge--in addition to other alterations.  it is b…

Started by john laverdure

8 Nov 24, 2018
Reply by Akira Sakamoto

Vihuela plans

I wonder If anybody knows where one can buy blueprints of vihuelas or/and renaissance guitars. The Paris Museum is changing his politics ab…

Started by Michel Uhlmann

1 Jan 23, 2018
Reply by Jan van Cappelle

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service