Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Instrument Building, Repair, and Strings (103)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vihuella Build Site

This guy is building vihuella, I know there have been some posts asking questions about that, its in Portugese, maybe someone could transla…

Started by Frei

5 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Jan van Cappelle

Which strings do you use?

Dear Forum participants, I´m a guitarist and beginner-baroqueguitarist. Last week I bought a baroque-guitar and need some informations: whi…

Started by Franz Herold

7 May 30, 2009
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

String making.

Mimmo in action and a tour of Aquila. Rather fascinating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Cwe_pz0Uo

Started by Michael. N.

1 May 22, 2009
Reply by Jelma van Amersfoort

Width at Nut

Dear all, again some technical problem about my future instrument. I don't know the width at nut for my 5 course baroque guitar. The maker…

Started by OlivierL

6 Apr 22, 2009
Reply by Alexander Batov

AQUILA "GUT & SILK" CLASSICAL GUITAR STRINGS?

These say not to tune about A=450 Hz, are these usable on a 65cm scale guitar? I am using the very basic "Marie Antoinette" model baroque g…

Started by Frei

1 Apr 10, 2009
Reply by Michael. N.

Rosettes; mufflers or mutes in disguise

We all love the beauty of rosettes, but do they ruin the potential of the instrument? The evidence: At an Italian folk dance gig, I needed…

Started by michael Bocchicchio

8 Mar 29, 2009
Reply by michael Bocchicchio

Choice of wood?

Dear all, I plan to order a custom built baroque guitar : they offer me a choice between 2 woods for the neck : cedar or mahogany (fretboar…

Started by OlivierL

5 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Alexander Batov

Stradivarius Peghead Designs? (30+)??

I read somewhere that there are 30+ peghead designs in a museum that holds alot of Stradivarius instruments. Does anyone have a link to pic…

Started by Frei

4 Jan 24, 2009
Reply by Frei

Bracing patterns?

Anyone have any pictures of Baroque top bracing patterns? I have some on the lute, but my Baroque guitar from the GAL plans is really spars…

Started by Frei

5 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by Frei

DO REGIMENTO DOS VIOLEIROS etc (for Manuel Morais, and others of course)

OK, I tried to leave a comment for Manuel Morais on his personal page but I couldn't because it kept repeating that "it must be approved fi…

Started by Alexander Batov

5 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by Alexander Batov

RSS

© 2022   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service