Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Instrument Building, Repair, and Strings (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Soundboard edge

I'm repairing a simple 4c guitar that I made 35 years ago.  The soundboard has been off a couple of times in its history (and again today) …

Started by Bill Samson

2 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Bill Samson

Mold - Inside or outside?

Just wondering if any of you makers can tell me their views on the relative merits and demerits of building a renaissance or baroque guitar…

Started by Bill Samson

17 Oct 7, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

London Pons

Please does anyone in England have a 'labelled' London-made guitar by Pons which i could have some information on, or come and see? I'd pre…

Started by James Westbrook

8 Sep 23, 2011
Reply by Sinier de Ridder

Alexander Batov guitar

Today one of my students turned up with a new 5c guitar by Alexander Batov. I know I've championed his work before, but he has now entered…

Started by Rob MacKillop

10 Sep 21, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Vincenzo Panormo

It is stated that Vincenzo Panormo studied with Thomas Perry in Dublin before he went to london, as I was rooting around the murky depths o…

Started by Paul Doyle

4 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Sinier de Ridder

Advice on vihuela strings

I have LaBella vihuela strings on my 56cm string length instrument, tuned i A. But I have alsways felt that the strings on the 6th course w…

Started by Harry Jess

15 Jul 10, 2011
Reply by Steven Sorli

Straps?

Hi everyone!   I have acquired my first baroque guitar and am in the process of tarting it up.   First off, I'd like to put on an endpin or…

Started by Edward C. Yong

12 Jul 7, 2011
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

Stauffer Finally Finished

I finally finished the J. A. Stauffer build and I have added a final series of photos to my page. I strung up the guitar this afternoon an…

Started by Scot Tremblay

0 Jun 24, 2011

Almost Finished J. A. Stauffer Build

I'm  getting down to the final steps in the J. A. Stauffer build that I have been posting photos of. It's one of my favorite instruments to…

Started by Scot Tremblay

0 Jun 18, 2011

Stauffer Build Photos.

For anyone interested: I have posted a half dozen more photos on my photo page of a couple J. A. Stauffer "Legnani" models I'm putting toge…

Started by Scot Tremblay

1 May 30, 2011
Reply by Jelma van Amersfoort

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service