Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Instrument Building, Repair, and Strings (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Attaching the Top-Flaminco style or?

I have the GAL plans for the Baroque Guitar, and somewhere on their site or somewhere else it was mentioned that the top (and the back) use…

Started by Frei

16 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Peter Forrester

Who makes the best terzguitar

I'm interessted in getting a terz guitar and want the best guitar. Which guitarmaker shall I choose.  

Started by Lars Hedelius-Strikkertsen

8 Mar 24, 2012
Reply by mario carreira

Stauffer and Co

I post this announcment about a very special book to come (on subscriptions only) It is a great book (320 pages, 297x371mm, a lot of great…

Started by Valéry Sauvage

16 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Valéry Sauvage

J.G. Scherzer Build

by Scot Tremblay » Friday 10 February 2012, 17:35 pm Just thought some might be interested in looking at the inside of a replica of a 1864…

Started by Scot Tremblay

5 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Mark Day

Hole punches?

I wonder if anybody can direct me to a source of punches for making the tiny holes in the parchment of a guitar rose? All the commercial pu…

Started by Bill Samson

24 Dec 6, 2011
Reply by Mikko Ikäheimo

Surprising and Sad News: Aquila stopped producing gut strings

Hello, folks,   just as the title says.  Please refer to this announcement on Aquila's website: http://aquilacorde.com/index.php?option=com

Started by Akira Sakamoto

15 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by John Underhill

Ludwig von Reisinger Guitar

Does anyone here have a Ludwid von Reisinger guitar? I'm working on drawing up plans for a replica and need a few measurements. I've drawn…

Started by Scot Tremblay

2 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

In search of 7- or 8-string Early Romantic guitar plans or drawings....

Greetings, All. This is my first post to the group - I hope I do not mess it up.... I am looking for plans or drawings for a 7- or 8-string…

Started by Bradley Wycoff

5 Nov 15, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Multi-part guitar ribs - at what stage are they bent?

First of all, thanks are due to the many makers who shared their wisdom on the question of molds. A related question now - Many early guita…

Started by Bill Samson

11 Nov 5, 2011
Reply by Bill Samson

Baroque guitar barring

When making lutes I have used soundboard wood for the bars, hence their grain direction is parallel to the soundboard. I would be intereste…

Started by John Underhill

4 Oct 21, 2011
Reply by Michael. N.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service