Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Instrument Building, Repair, and Strings (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to clean baroque guitar?

Anyone got some good ideas for cleaning the baroque guitar. My Luthier told me to just use a damp cloth with some light laundry detergent a…

Started by Bin Bob

7 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Chris Despopoulos

Strings - USA, NYC, or There Abouts

Hi all... So where do you go to get strings? And what "brands" do you prefer? Also, how much success have you had with various materials.…

Started by Chris Despopoulos

2 Oct 10, 2009
Reply by David Tayler

Vihuella Build Site

This guy is building vihuella, I know there have been some posts asking questions about that, its in Portugese, maybe someone could transla…

Started by Frei

5 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Jan van Cappelle

Which strings do you use?

Dear Forum participants, I´m a guitarist and beginner-baroqueguitarist. Last week I bought a baroque-guitar and need some informations: whi…

Started by Franz Herold

7 May 30, 2009
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

String making.

Mimmo in action and a tour of Aquila. Rather fascinating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Cwe_pz0Uo

Started by Michael. N.

1 May 22, 2009
Reply by Jelma van Amersfoort

Width at Nut

Dear all, again some technical problem about my future instrument. I don't know the width at nut for my 5 course baroque guitar. The maker…

Started by OlivierL

6 Apr 22, 2009
Reply by Alexander Batov

AQUILA "GUT & SILK" CLASSICAL GUITAR STRINGS?

These say not to tune about A=450 Hz, are these usable on a 65cm scale guitar? I am using the very basic "Marie Antoinette" model baroque g…

Started by Frei

1 Apr 10, 2009
Reply by Michael. N.

Rosettes; mufflers or mutes in disguise

We all love the beauty of rosettes, but do they ruin the potential of the instrument? The evidence: At an Italian folk dance gig, I needed…

Started by michael Bocchicchio

8 Mar 29, 2009
Reply by michael Bocchicchio

Choice of wood?

Dear all, I plan to order a custom built baroque guitar : they offer me a choice between 2 woods for the neck : cedar or mahogany (fretboar…

Started by OlivierL

5 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Alexander Batov

Stradivarius Peghead Designs? (30+)??

I read somewhere that there are 30+ peghead designs in a museum that holds alot of Stradivarius instruments. Does anyone have a link to pic…

Started by Frei

4 Jan 24, 2009
Reply by Frei

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service