Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

General Discussion (268)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tuning on antique instruments

Hello!   Could anyone help me? I'm a singer and I'm researching on renaissance and baroque songs with plucked strings instrument accompanim…

Started by Marcus Ouros

5 Feb 2, 2011
Reply by Tonyyyy

Paulo Galvão

"Entrada do Mrqs.Pombal" by Paulo Galvão played by Marco Meloni -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOtqXai7HXE"Canario" -http://www.youtube.co

Started by Roman Turovsky

2 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Roman Turovsky

James Tyler

Being the proud owner of James Tylers The Guitar and its music, I was looking for Tylers forthcoming book "A guide to playing the Baroque G…

Started by Michael Vesth

0 Jan 9, 2011

NEWS re Luthier Built - Connecting musicians and independent makers of string instruments

Just a quick update.Luthier Built is coming to life.  Independent makers and restorers of string instruments are joining the community ever…

Started by Bob Newby

0 Nov 18, 2010

Teachers in New York City?

Hello! I have played the classical guitar on and off for the last 10 years.  I am self- taught and have found that I most enjoyed playing B…

Started by Rafael Perez

2 Oct 15, 2010
Reply by Rafael Perez

The link

Hy guys! I´m a newbee but maybe someone here also is a member at Delcamp´s? Anyway, I´m putting a programm together exclusively with Italia…

Started by C. Rech

2 Oct 3, 2010

What kind of tuner are you using?

Hello, folks, this is more of a practical topic rather than an academic one:   When I purchased my first period instrument (renaissance gui…

Started by Akira Sakamoto

5 Aug 2, 2010
Reply by Mark Day

Catalan or Castillian Guitars By Alexander Hopkins

Just wondering is anyone out there plays one of Alexander Hopkins Catalan or Castilian Model Baroque guitars. Seems like I saw some referen…

Started by Scot Tremblay

2 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Baroque guitar and vihuela - a complete novice

Hi all. Being primarily interested in the romantic guitar, I began to stumble on information and videos of baroque pieces (played on regula…

Started by Spencer Hart

16 Jul 1, 2010
Reply by Monica Hall

The Psychology of Guitar-makers

As I announced earlier, I am working on a kind of novel--actually, a collection of thematically-connected short fictional works dealing wit…

Started by Jim Gallant

8 Jun 17, 2010
Reply by Jim Gallant

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service