Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

General Discussion (268)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carulli's handwriting

In the library of the BNF we can find a manuscript of Carulli's opus 320 written by Ferdinando Carulli himself. Dedicated to Matteo Carcas…

Started by Hans Kockelmans

12 Nov 6, 2012
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

the manuscrit gallot c 94

dears friends, i want to works in the manuscrit   Sch. C 94, Pièces de Guittarre de differends Autheurs .of gallot  but i don't find this m…

Started by luc aboulkheir

0 Oct 29, 2012

6th string on the guitar

An old question is when and why the 6th string was added to the guitar. When, late 18th century. Why? JF Scheidler gives an answer to that…

33 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Monica Hall

attaching strings

This seems to be the correct method for attaching the 1st and 6th string. From the methods of Molino (left and middle) and Bathioli.

3 Oct 20, 2012
Reply by Scot Tremblay

1814 subscribers list

I often wondered how big the market was for the early 19th century guitarbooks. This rare list of subscribers found in the Molino method (1…

8 Oct 20, 2012
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

spirit varnish

In the Flageolett-Schule (Franz Bathioli - Vienna, 1832) Bathioli praises the work of Stauffer and Enzensperger. Especially their use of s…

11 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Scot Tremblay

anonymous

This is one of the pictures in the Bibliotheque Nationale de France. I had it (coloured) on a broken harddisk, but forgot his name. Does an…

2 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

Felice Chabran

Has anybody seen music in print by the english composer Felice Chabran. Early 19thcentury music in the UK. I would really like to se if it…

Started by Lars Hedelius-Strikkertsen

5 Oct 9, 2012
Reply by Lars Hedelius-Strikkertsen

Roncalli - Capricci Armonici Facsimile?

Does anyone know if there is a Ludovico Roncalli, Capricci Armonici facsimile on line somewhere? I found some of the suites on an old and (…

Started by Scot Tremblay

3 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Scot Tremblay

An unusual performance of Boccherini's fandango

I found this on you tube looking for a completely different performance. I'm sure you love that work and I'm sure you never imagined it cou…

Started by Juan Pablo Pira

1 Sep 17, 2012
Reply by Scot Tremblay

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service