Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

General Discussion (268)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

silk strings

Dear All, Can anyone help me find a new source of overspun silk strings? I have been using gut and overspun silk on a c1825 guitar for seve…

Started by Dr. Christopher Page

19 Nov 26, 2013
Reply by Dr. Christopher Page

Vibrato

Dear network members, Do any of you have a copy of Luis Venegas de Henestrosa's "Libro de cifra nueva…"? I am interested in locating an app…

Started by seth f. josel

1 Nov 25, 2013
Reply by Jelma van Amersfoort

Interested in the Oud or in the Renaissance lute?

Read a short piece about the history, East and West, of these important instruments. https://luthierbuilt.net/node/18381

Started by Bob Newby

0 Nov 23, 2013

54cm string length for an E tuning?

Hi guys, So there was a five-course 'baroque' jarana ready at a workshop in Mexico, but the player who ordered it decided not to take i…

Started by Edward C. Yong

2 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by Edward C. Yong

baroque guitar Duo music

Hi some advices about music for baroque guitar and a melodic instrument (recorder) would be welcome...(even an undedicated pieces for baroq…

Started by Ariel

2 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by Jelma van Amersfoort

Playing Position and Strap Buttons

Hi all! So I've now had my Thomann BG for about 2 years now, and to be honest I've barely played it, but now that I'm actually getting int…

Started by Edward C. Yong

2 Sep 27, 2013
Reply by Edward C. Yong

Lute/VIhuela strap

Can someone please reccomend a strap for my vihuela and where to buy one? Im also wondering what is the difference between gut strings and…

Started by Geir Ove Myhre

5 Aug 17, 2013
Reply by Geir Ove Myhre

5-course guitar for the Scheidler duet

I'm working up the Sonata in D for violin and guitar by Christian Scheidler. Having read that it is for a 5-string guitar, I am planning on…

Started by Bruce Brogdon

2 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Bruce Brogdon

Dropping in to say hello from Japan

I've been lurking here since the beginning, but I've only posted a few times. I'm a guitar maker who builds modern guitars, although I ha…

Started by Stephen Faulk

1 Aug 7, 2013
Reply by hans jones

Old guitar found in rubbish skip

Hello, as a new member, and not quite got the hang of the site yet, I will try to ask a question with photos. ( at the moment in my photos/…

Started by hans jones

20 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by hans jones

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service