Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

General Discussion (268)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Best string length for baroque guitar?

Dear friends, I am a baroque guitar newby and you may have some experiences to share with me. My baroque guitar after Sellas has a string l…

Started by Jörg Hilbert

0 Apr 22, 2014

Baroque Guitar Teacher

Hi everyone..I,m a middle aged classical guitar player who has owned a Baroque guitar for a year now and am enthralled by it and making goo…

Started by Mark Brydon

7 Apr 22, 2014
Reply by Mark Brydon

5 string guitars

Hi all, i am trying to find out if any genuine 5 string guitars have slipped through the net.  So far I am aware of two instruments in the…

Started by Darryl Martin

0 Apr 9, 2014

Murcia's Cifras

Hello all The facsimile of Murcias manuscript "Cifras selectas de guitarra" is now online from an University library in Chile: http://aleph…

Started by Michael Vesth

0 Apr 1, 2014

Luciano Faria CITES documentation

I own a vihuela made by Luciano Faria in 2006. Unfortunately, its back   and sides are made from Brazilian Rosewood, and the previous ow…

Started by Dmitry Medvedev

0 Mar 24, 2014

Teachers in Baltimore, MD?

Hi everyone, I've been interested in Renaissance music for several years now. I started with a classical guitar, then switched to a Renaiss…

Started by Dmitry Medvedev

1 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Bev Ross

Early Romantic Guitar After Luis Panormo

I just finished and strung up my latest Luis Panormo replica. A few years back I restored the original Panormo this replica is patterned af…

Started by Scot Tremblay

4 Feb 6, 2014
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Pico's guitar book

Sonate-per-la-chitarra-spagnola-Foriano-Pico.pdf a nice book . Please, note that I'ld like to keep this link for the strict use on this si…

Started by sergio muselli

5 Feb 6, 2014
Reply by Tom Monaghan

Mystery Walthari Guitar.

The mystery deepens, as I have now acquired another very similar guitar. This one came in a coffin case, which suggests that it is of the 1…

Started by nick harrison

0 Jan 26, 2014

Greatest private collection of antique 7-string ("russian gipsy") guitars

The greatest private collection of antique 7-string guitars (with photos and detailed descriptions) collected by ‘russian gipsy’ Ivan Barie…

Started by Andrei Blinov

2 Jan 22, 2014
Reply by Andrei Blinov

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service