Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Early Romantic Guitar (109)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kuffner: Serenade Op 214 for violin, viola and guitar

The Rischel&Birket-Smith collection in the Royal Library Copenhagen contains a Serenade Op 214 for violin , viola ('alto') and guitar…

Started by Martyn Hodgson

1 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

Weber songs with guitar (and piano) Op 13, Op29

Does anybody have a digital version of Weber's Op 13 and Op 29 songs with guitar (and parallel piano part) they could kindly make availab…

Started by Martyn Hodgson

7 Mar 5, 2013
Reply by Martyn Hodgson

strumming in the 19th cenrtury

I know its common knowledge that strumming wasnt used in the 19th century. But I keep thinking- didnt anyone used strumming at all, someone…

Started by Lars Hedelius-Strikkertsen

21 Mar 2, 2013
Reply by Juan Pablo Pira

Luis Panormo 1836 Replica

A few photos of a Luis Panormo 1836 Replica which will soon be making music. Although not yet finished I thought some might like to see the…

Started by Scot Tremblay

0 Feb 12, 2013

New Dutch Edition of 19thC Songs

Just announced from Tree Editions - The CRAAN Songbook -for Voice and (Romantic) Guitaredited by Jan W.J. BurgersIn the early 1820s Aspasi…

Started by Rob MacKillop

0 Feb 7, 2013

Music for voice(s) and guitar

I stumbled upon this downloadable collection of romances for voice(s) and guitar: http://www.kb.dk/en/nb/samling/ma/digmus/1800/coll_voix_g

Started by Jelma van Amersfoort

2 Jan 15, 2013
Reply by Lars Hedelius-Strikkertsen

Yairi parlor classical

Well, I went and did it: bought a replica 1800s-type guitar.  It's a 1975 Yairi parlor classical, model GL 600, spruce/rosewood (laminated)…

Started by David Norton

0 Jan 11, 2013

Dodici Corde - duet album

Our own Danielle Saxon Reeves and musical partner Mark Willetts have recorded a fine album of 19th-century guitar duets. I have my copy, an…

Started by Rob MacKillop

0 Jan 6, 2013

String lengths

Hello everyone. This is the first time I post here in EG&V, due to my recent interest in this subject. I intend to buy a copy of a ear…

Started by Rui Namora

3 Nov 18, 2012
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Cabasse-Vienaire guitar, circa 1830?

Does anyone know of this maker? I'm guessing he/she was one of the many luthiers from the Miracourt in France. I can attach a photo if that…

Started by James Edwards

4 Nov 11, 2012
Reply by James Edwards

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service