Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Early Romantic Guitar (109)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sources of Music by Fernando Ferrandiere

Does anyone know where one can find music by Fernando Ferrandiere?  His method is available, but not other compositions. Thanks. Thomas

Started by Thomas Tallant

3 Jun 22, 2011
Reply by Jelma van Amersfoort

Please help me

I hope someone in this forum can help me out. I've read about Antoine de Lhoyer on wikipedia and in the list of known compositions it says…

Started by Lars Hedelius-Strikkertsen

4 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by mario carreira

Translations of Guitar Methods

Does anyone know if English translations are available of guitar methods by the following guitarist? Thanks    J. B. MerchiAntoine-Marcel L…

Started by Thomas Tallant

0 May 12, 2011

'romantic' guitars

Can I ask you all about the term, 'romantic' guitar?   I appreciate that this expression is often (perhaps generally?) reserved for the per…

Started by Dr. Christopher Page

6 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

the Aguado room

In his method Aguado describes the room in which the guitar sounds best! He describes a medium sized salon with a high ceiling, the guitar…

Started by Hans Kockelmans

9 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

The way of holding the guitar

I'm starting this new discussion called The way of holding the guitar. In the dicussion "the left hand tnumb" things are turning in that di…

42 Apr 20, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Left hand thumb

Just out of curiosity. I'm interested in knowing how many of you 19th century guitarists uses the left hand thumb when playing. I'm very fo…

35 Apr 10, 2011
Reply by Scot Tremblay

Early Terz guitars - 'avec capo'

I'm rereading Heck's book on Giuliani. On page 51 he mentions the terz guitar, and Leonhard von Call's Quartet Op.121 for 'Guitare avec Cap…

Started by Rob MacKillop

21 Apr 4, 2011
Reply by Hans Kockelmans

guitar-piano duo

hi everybody!   Is anybody know of any free source of 19th century piano-guitar duo repertoire?   regards, Ariel

Started by jjjkkkk

2 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by jjjkkkk

manuscripts of extended bass guitars

Dear Colleagues, I am searching for something very specific; manuscripts for guitars with more than six strings. This may be a very difficu…

Started by Robert S. Trent

4 Jan 3, 2011
Reply by Robert S. Trent

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service