Early Guitars and Vihuela

A network for historic guitars and vihuelas

Early Romantic Guitar (109)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Capo use in public performance 1790-1860

This is a bit of a stretch but I'm looking for evidence of capo/cejilla use (ca. 1790 - 1860) in _public performances_. Was its use confine…

Started by Dominic Wan

2 May 16, 2016
Reply by Dominic Wan

Pierre Lagarde 1764 score

Searching in Gallica for something else I found this: http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b9058456x 'Brunettes' by Lagarde for voice, guit…

Started by Jelma van Amersfoort

4 Mar 30, 2016
Reply by Víctor M. Gallardo

Preferred Saddle Spacing?

Just curious, for those who play their Romantic guitars without nails, if you have a preferred string spacing at the saddle? With small han…

Started by Italo Borsalino

0 Feb 21, 2016

An award to attend a conference

This may be of interest to some of you, but also please pass it on to people you may know? A society of scholars and guitar players devote…

Started by James Westbrook

0 Jan 9, 2016

Guitar identification / ideas

I've had this guitar for a while, it was described as a parlour guitar and intended as a 'wall-hanger'.  A little work has got it playing a…

Started by Allan Jones

6 Jan 6, 2016
Reply by James Westbrook

Miguel Garcia/Padre Basilio

Hello, Does anyone know how I can find the score for the music by Miguel Garcia a.k.a Padre Basilio? Especially the Sonata de Elami. Best r…

Started by Marten Falk

0 Dec 28, 2015

Sor Mozart variations

Does anyone know for sure when the Peters edition came out? On the imslp site, you can find it, listed with 1807 as the plate number. Wikip…

Started by Bill Brettschneider

7 Nov 2, 2015
Reply by Bill Brettschneider

New book on Louis Panormo and other 19th century London-based guitar makers

In 2012 I submitted my PhD thesis, titled: Guitar Making in Nineteenth-century London: Louis Panormo and his Contemporaries. I have been ap…

Started by James Westbrook

13 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Stanley Alexandrowicz

Craan Songbook

Dear guitarists, In February 2013 I published an edition (including transcriptions as well as a facsimile) of a small manuscript containin…

Started by Jan Burgers

0 Jun 1, 2015

J C Bach song

An English guitar question. In reviewing the score for Bach's song  'Blest with Thee my Soul's Dear Treasure' (ca. 1780), the score is in E…

Started by Alexander Dunn

2 May 26, 2015
Reply by Alexander Dunn

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jelma van Amersfoort.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service